Insurance everyone can afford. Family medical history does not affect premium.Complete application within minutes. No medical checkup is required.
Hong Kong’s first virtual bank ZA Bank is launching the first-ever Visa card in Hong Kong with personalised number, ZA Card. With the support of over 180,0001 users, we’ll start a new chapter in offering a personalised, seamless and secure mobile payment experience through issuing a debit card. From now until 12thOctober 2020, existing ZA Bank users can make priority reservations for a unique ZA Card number based on your preference2.
ZA Card’s unique design allows you to customise the last 6 digits of your card number, be it your anniversary or simply a favourite combination. It highlights several features:
· Rewarding Spending Experience3: Rewards are top-of-mind when it comes to payment. That’s why we’ll team up with merchant partners that revolve around our lifestyle, like Deliveroo, to offer a rewarding spending experience with ZA Card.
· Spend Smarter, Worry-free: You can spend wisely with this debit card where purchases will be deducted from your savings account. No more worries about bills, interests or late fees.
· Secure yet Easy when You Shop Online: First-of-its-kind in Hong Kong, “ZA Verify” allows you to authenticate online transactions with one simple tap in the ZA Bank App.
· Withdraw Cash at Ease: We heard you, cash withdrawal! ZA Card is powered by Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology. With our physical ZA Card4, you can enjoy free cash withdrawal from more than 3,000 bank ATMs in Hong Kong, and access to almost 3 million ATMs worldwide, where Visa is accepted.
· Less is More: You won’t find the CVV and expiry date on your physical ZA Card, not even the cardholder’s signature panel. If you’ve lost your card, suspend it instantly with the in-app “Lock Card” function to minimise the risk of data leakage.
· Support Apple Pay: By adding ZA Card to Apple Pay in the Wallet app, you can simply hold your iPhone or Apple Watch near a payment terminal to safely, securely and privately make contactless payments at all types of retail shops across Hong Kong. Apple Pay helps you avoid handing your payment card to someone else and uses the power of iPhone to protect every transaction. It is also a faster and easier way to pay in an iPhone or iPad app, or in Safari on Mac, without the need to repeatedly enter shipping and billing details for every purchase.
Rockson Hsu, CEO of ZA Bank, said: “ZA Bank users have been telling us about the features they’d like to see in our payment services. With our ‘Community-Driven’ approach, we see meeting users’ expectations as a promise that we must spare no effort to fulfil. Thanks to our team’s hard work and dedication, users will soon have their ZA Card. We look forward to offering a different kind of banking experience with ZA Card.”
Maaike Steinebach, Visa General Manager, Hong Kong and Macau, said: “Hong Kong is one of the few economies that is leading the region in digital banking. Visa is excited to partner with ZA Bank to launch its first payment solution – combining practical and seamless customer experiences with simple, fast and secure payments. I’m confident that ZA Bank’s innovative focus on serving its community combined with Visa’s global scale and trust will continue to transform digital banking experiences in Hong Kong and beyond.”
We’ll launch the virtual and physical versions of ZA Card in phases, with details to be announced in due course. To learn more about ZA Card and the pre-registration campaign, please visit: https://bank.za.group/en/za-card.
About ZA Bank
ZA Bank Limited (“ZA Bank”), licensed by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (“HKMA”) on 27 March 2019, is one of the first batch of virtual banks in Hong Kong, offering a wide range of online financial services to Hong Kong users. ZA Bank was established by ZhongAn Technologies International Group Limited (“ZA International”). With “Community-Driven” approach, ZA Bank encourages users to directly contribute to its product development and design process together, guiding the bank to design and develop innovative products and services that will better serve the needs of Hong Kong customers.
ZA International was established in Hong Kong in December 2017, by ZhongAn Online P&C Insurance Co., Ltd. (HKEX stock code: 6060), an online-only insurtech company in China, to explore international business development, collaboration and investment opportunities in the area of fintech and Insurtech in overseas market.
1 Source: Total number of ZA Bank users as of 28 September 2020.
2 Terms and conditions apply. For details, please visit: https://bank.za.group/en/za-card.
3 Details of the rebate programme and associated terms and conditions will be announced upon the official launch of ZA Card.
4 We’ll launch the virtual and physical versions of ZA Card in phases, with details to be announced in due course.